Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blago's Going Down!

The FBI just arrested him and his Chief of Staff on federal corruption charges.

Merry Christmas!

Now will we see the dominoes fall on a bunch of other cronies?

Note:

Blago was endorsed by the Brady Campaign in 2006.

Update: Here's a copy of the 79 page indictment.

His FOID card got revoked.

Even amidst calls from his own Lt. Gov. to do so, Blago says he won't resign.

Amazing. Obama's pardon list has already started and he hasn't even taken office yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard this on OPB this morning as I was getting ready for work.

Thought I heard a faint laughter coming from the east.

Anonymous said...

"I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain," Blagojevich allegedly said later that day, according to the affidavit, which also quoted him as saying in a remark punctuated by profanity that the seat was "a valuable thing — you just don't give it away for nothing."

Classy.

TexasFred said...

Anyone that reads my blogs knows, I LOVE a feel good story, and THIS is a feel good story if ever there was one!

I don’t care WHAT political party they belong to, Dem, Repub, Libertarian, Indy, makes NO difference to me, I HATE crooked politicos! There is nothing that makes me ANY happier than to see a crooked official get arrested. I am elated when they have their feet held to the fire. And if we’re so lucky as to see them actually go to prison, well, that is a great day for American government!