Monday, November 5, 2007

Another "Good Boy" or another "Only One"?

You make the call:

Teenager Accuses School Security Guards Of Abuse

A 14-year-old boy said Monday security guards at his school roughed him up because he showed up not wearing his uniform. ..

Griffin's mother filed a complaint at the Office of Professional Standards."I think it's abuse," said Tamika Griffin. "I think it's abuse, because it's in a school and it's a student. It's not me -- he's not my son's father, he shouldn't put his hands on him, no matter what he did. I don't care if he said something to him or did something wrong at school. They're supposed to contact me."..

Shaquille Griffin said the security officer was angry because he wasn't wearing the school uniform required for all students. Griffin added that he suffered bruises, abrasions and a swollen jaw."He came up to me and grabbed me and told me I was walking too slow," Shaquille Griffin said. "Then I told him to let me go, and then after that he head-butted me, then he threw me to the ground."A school spokesman said the incident wasn't just a case of Griffin not wearing the school uniform, Stafford reported. School officials said Griffin and three other boys showed up wearing gang colors, showing gang signs and yelling gang slogans. Just before the tape rolled, a source told the Sun-Times the boys were accused of provoking the confrontation by becoming enraged and tackling an officer.Griffin and his mother denied the allegations."I'm positive he's not," Tamika Griffin said. "I know my kids -- I raise them."

No comments: