Friday, October 26, 2007

Illinois State Police to let criminals go free

In another "Gun Buy Back" program while keeping the guns they like.

After all the guns are collected, the serial numbers will be checked by police for weapons that were reported stolen or used in crimes. If they were stolen, police will try to return them to the rightful owners if they want them. Others will be kept as evidence, put into use by the police department or destroyed at a foundry.

One individual is already planning on making a profit:

C J wrote at 10/26/2007 1:39:21 PM

I have been buying cheap, functioning handguns at auctions for years just waiting for Spfld to have a buy back like I'd seen in the big cities. They used to be $50 or $75 buybacks so I wouldn't pay more than $35 for the guns I bought. I'll be there first thing in the morning to turn in my 24 handguns that I paid a total of $810 dollars for over the last three years. I'll get $2400 which is a 196% return on my investment. Keep up the good work Springfield. Thanks INB.

1 comment:

Michael Hawkins said...

Good for him!
It's tax money that'll go to waste otherwise.