Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm willing to eat crow..

Earlier I stated that I would put my money on the UN report being correct. Apparently I was wrong:

Dear Mr Thirdpower,

Thank you for your mail
Unfortunately, data from the UN reports are not correct. The figure of 213 refers to 'completed' and 'attempted' homicides and the figure of 127 to the attempted ones.

We apologize for the error and thank you very much for having brought it to our notice.

Kind regards

Swiss Federal Statistical Office


So the murder rate in Switzerland is less than half of what the anti's are claiming. I wonder if the Anti's there are using the same numbers to push for "gun control" there?

1 comment:

K-Romulus said...

Most likely they are. I keep hearing about how Switzerland supposedly has "the highest homicide rate in Western Europe" during NPR and BBC "stories" on Swiss "gun violence."